Failure of dry paint to hide the surface on which it has been applied.
- Use of poor-quality tools, or incorrect rollers or brushes.
- Use of a colour that is much lighter than the substrate, or that contains organic pigments (i.e. shades of bright yellow and red) that have poor covering abilities.
- No undercoat has been applied.
- The paint coat applied is too thin.
- Uneven application of paint with a roller or brush, or failure to smooth out the surface.
- The substrate is coloured in different shades.
- Use of the incorrect tinting base, for example C-tinting base instead of A-tinting base. Tikkurila white A-tinting base can be applied either “as is” or with tinting colour, whereas C-tinting base can only be used when combined with tinting colour.
SolutionClean the surface with Tikkurila Maalipesu (Cleaning Agent) according to instructions on the label, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry.
Apply a suitable Tikkurila undercoat. If the substrate is significantly darker, or if the colour you chose is dark or bright, you should apply an undercoat tinted to the approximate colour of the topcoat.
When using tinted paint, topcoat twice for even results. Use quality tools and recommended rollers or brushes. Follow Tikkurila recommendations concerning spread rate. Apply the paint with roller strokes back and forth to produce rows approximately two roller-widths wide. Spread out the fresh paint evenly on the walls with vertical strokes, but on the ceiling with strokes away from the light source or in the direction of the ceiling boards.